Repair Audio Cassette, Minicassete and Microcassette Tapes
If you stepped on your favourite audio tape or maybe your microcassette tape was eaten by the tape recorder and you thought your precious recordings were lost forever then you have come to the right place. Expert audio tape repair, mini cassette and microcassette repair at a great price.
I tried another company and the results were dissapointing. I decided to try Chroma Services' VHS Tape Repair on a friend's advice and I am very pleased with the results. Great job.
-James McDonald Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
What we can repair:
Audio Cassette Tapes, Minicassette and Microcassette Audio Tapes
- Broken or damaged cassette shells
- Tangled and damaged sections of tape
- Tape that has broken or broken off the reel
- Cassettes that don’t work or are missing internal pieces
- Slightly moldy tapes
- Cassettes that have been exposed to humidity with only moderate damage
We can fix anything but some problems can be much harder to fix.
What we cannot repair:
- Any other types of audio tape (such as Open Reel) but this may change in the future.
- Extremely moldy tapes; this can occur after long periods of storage where mold has grown inside the tape. This can be cleaned and the cassette repaired but in some extreme cases nothing can be done.
- A cassette exposed to humidity multiple times which can cause the audio tape to become sticky and sometimes too brittle to work with.
You can send these types of cassettes in to us for an evaluation and we will advise you on if the tape is repairable or not. Alternately you can send a picture of the tape or simply Contact Us and describe the problem.
Pricing(in USD Dollar Amounts, convert here The Universal Currency Converter)
|Broken Tape or Damaged Tape|
(tape will be spliced back together)
|$15 per Cassette|
|Damaged or Broken Shell|
(shell will be replaced)
|$20 per Cassette|
|Mold or Humidity Damage||$25 per Cassette|
|After Repair Copy to New Tape|
(Copy the repaired tape to a new tape)
|Extra $5 per Copied Tape|
|After Repair Transfer to CD|
(Highly recommended, Save 25% on transfers)
|10 to 20 Tapes||10% off|
|21 or more Tapes||Contact Us|
These prices are not cumulative, so for instance if you have a moldy microcassette tape repair with a damaged shell also the price is just $25 to clean the mold and fix the cassette shell (for calculation the highest price service is used).
- 10-20 Days Ground Shipping ($5 for Canada, $10 Mainland USA)
- $18 International Air Mail (Includes Canadian Territories, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and APO/FPO)
- 5-10 Days Expedited ($10 for Canada, $15 USA and ask for international quote)
- 2-3 Days or Overnight (very expensive, quote can only be given when package dimensions are known)
- Shipping is ground with insurance for Canada and USA.
- Shipping is Canada Post Air Mail for International Destinations.
- If you would like to ship by a faster or different method please contact us before payment to make arrangements.
- Shipping is on the whole order and not per tape.
When sending us your tapes please make sure to properly package them in a box in bubble wrap and try to avoid using packing popcorn. Also shipping using a tracking number is highly advisable. Please do not use UPS ground as their Rates for Customs Clearance into Canada are excessive compared to other couriers. If you can, please use the United States Postal Service's ground shipping as their rates are the most reasonable. To make processing your order easier please label your tapes and include detailed instructions on what services are being performed on which tapes. Turnaround time is about 1 week from the time we receive your tapes (large order may take longer). Once the repairs have been finished we will notify you and provide a return tracking number. Rush orders are also available but are subject to a 15% fee. If you have any questions at all do not hesitate to Contact Us.
Testimonials:Join the hundreds of our satisfied customers. Here are just a few of our happy customer's comments:
- I tried another company and the results were dissapointing. I decided to try Chroma Services' VHS Tape Repair on a friend's advice and I am very pleased with the results. Great job.
-James McDonald Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
- We will recommend your company to all our friends and family as we were very happy with the results and quicker than expected. Keep up the good work.
-Adam Pawlowski Duluth, Minnesota, USA
- Wow what a great service. A+
-Sarah Smithers North Bay, Ontario, Canada
- Great service at a great price. Thanks again.
-Bill Moorman Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
- When our VCR ate the tape of my son's first year I was disappointed. Thanks for fixing the VHS tape and converting all my tapes to DVD so this won't happen again. You made my day.
-Kelly Brown Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- I have used your services many times and I just wanted to say thanks. I recommend Chroma Services to everybody that I meet.
-Matias Virtanen Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
- I had originally taken my broken mini DV tape to a local video repair shop and they couldn't fix it. I decided to try one more time and sent the mini DV tape to your company for repair. Not only was the repair perfect but also within 3 days. I'm very pleased.
-John Owens Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Previous page: Repair 8mm (Video8), Hi8, VHS-C, Digital8 (D8) and mini DV Tapes
Next page: Repair Video Play-Back Issues