Repair Video Play-Back Issues
If your VHS tape has lines through it or your Hi8 tape doesn't track properly and down and you thought your precious memories were lost forever then you have come to the right place. Expert video play-back repair at a great price.
Chroma Services surpassed my expectations. I was nervous about sending in my tapes but they were very helpful and answered all my many E-Mails quickly. Thanks for everything.
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
What we can repair:
VHS, Beta, SVHS, VHS-C, 8mm (Video8), Hi8, Digital8 (D8) and mini DV
- Tracking errors
- Vertical sync errors or rolling picture
- Lines in multiple places during play-back of the video
- Tearing on the top, bottom or multiple places
- Thick line on the bottom or top of the video
We can fix almost anything but some problems can be much harder to fix.
What we cannot repair:
- Any other types of cassettes (such as Open Reel video or U-Matic Tapes) but this may change in the future.
- Extremely damaged tapes that have no tracking information left.
- Tapes where the sound is also damaged are usually un-repairable.
You can send these types of tapes in to us for an evaluation and we will advise you on if the tape is repairable or not or simply Contact Us and describe the problem. If it is not fixable we will return ship the tape free of charge.
Pricing(in USD Dollar Amounts, convert here The Universal Currency Converter)
|Video Play-back Repair|
(Includes copying to DVD or new tape)
|$25 per hour of video|
|5 to 10 Tapes||10% off|
|11 or more Tapes||Contact Us|
- 10-20 Days Ground Shipping ($5 for Canada, $10 Mainland USA)
- $18 International Air Mail (Includes Canadian Territories, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and APO/FPO)
- 5-10 Days Expedited ($10 for Canada, $15 USA and ask for international quote)
- 2-3 Days or Overnight (very expensive, quote can only be given when package dimensions are known)
- Shipping is ground with insurance for Canada and USA.
- Shipping is Canada Post Air Mail for International Destinations.
- If you would like to ship by a faster or different method please contact us before payment to make arrangements.
- Shipping is on the whole order and not per tape.
When sending us your tapes please make sure to properly package them in a box in bubble wrap and try to avoid using packing popcorn. Also shipping using a tracking number is highly advisable. Please do not use UPS ground as their Rates for Customs Clearance into Canada are excessive compared to other couriers. If you can, please use the United States Postal Service's ground shipping as their rates are the most reasonable. To make processing your order easier please label your tapes and include detailed instructions on what services are being performed on which tapes. Turnaround time is about 1 week from the time we receive your tapes (large order may take longer). Once the repairs have been finished we will notify you and provide a return tracking number. Rush orders are also available but are subject to a 15% fee. If you have any questions at all do not hesitate to Contact Us.
Testimonials:Join the hundreds of our satisfied customers. Here are just a few of our happy customer's comments:
- I tried another company and the results were dissapointing. I decided to try Chroma Services' VHS Tape Repair on a friend's advice and I am very pleased with the results. Great job.
-James McDonald Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
- We will recommend your company to all our friends and family as we were very happy with the results and quicker than expected. Keep up the good work.
-Adam Pawlowski Duluth, Minnesota, USA
- Wow what a great service. A+
-Sarah Smithers North Bay, Ontario, Canada
- Great service at a great price. Thanks again.
-Bill Moorman Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
- When our VCR ate the tape of my son's first year I was disappointed. Thanks for fixing the VHS tape and converting all my tapes to DVD so this won't happen again. You made my day.
-Kelly Brown Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- I have used your services many times and I just wanted to say thanks. I recommend Chroma Services to everybody that I meet.
-Matias Virtanen Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
- I had originally taken my broken mini DV tape to a local video repair shop and they couldn't fix it. I decided to try one more time and sent the mini DV tape to your company for repair. Not only was the repair perfect but also within 3 days. I'm very pleased.
-John Owens Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Previous page: Repair Audio Cassette, Minicassete and Microcassette Tapes
Next page: Multimedia Services